Saturday, January 22, 2011

Back from Atlanta

This is going to be my first attempt at blogging!! ---- so bear with me as I learn the ropes. I thought it would be a good place to share some design tips, let you in on some of the "behind-the-scenes" at Interiors Etc. (nothing too racy!!), bring you up to date on new events, and share a little bit of my personal life as it relates to the business. I'll try to post some pictures as they pertain to the posts, and would love to hear from any of you!

We just got back from the gigantic Gift and Home Furnishings Show in Atlanta last Tuesday. My BFF Gwen (also known as our special events coordinator and display expert) went along with me, and we both trudged our way through miles of floors, hallways, escalators, and elevators. The Atlanta Gift Show is composed of three huge buildings (one is 20 floors tall, one eighteen, and one is fourteen.) Each floor has hundreds of showrooms on it, and lots of the showrooms have close to one hundred lines within them. So all in all, there are 1000's of lines to look at, choose from , and ultimately order from. We try to do approximately 75% of our next year's Christmas at this time so that we will be sure an get it. Some years it's easier than others!! At least this year, I had my Christmas stuff down at home before we left. We found lots of great stuff --- but we are especially excited about Spring and Paris Flea Market. New items should be arriving shortly, with most of the spring things debuting for our Spring Fling on February 12. You should get your (honeysuckle pink) postcard in the mail this week about that event, as well a schedule for the rest of the year.

Gwen and I both came home sick from Atlanta (too many crowded halls and elevators with sneezing and coughing people!). So that was rather anti-climatic! But I'll be back in the shop next week over-seeing all the new merchandise arriving. Be patient with us for a week or two as we re-plenish with all new things ---- we know you'll find things you'll love! See you in the store!

Carol

No comments:

Post a Comment